Morland House Surgery offers appointments with our doctors and nurses during the following week-day times:
• 8:30 - 11:00 and 15:30 - 17:50
• Saturday mornings (excluding Bank Holiday weekends) for urgent (must be seen that day) problems.
• Some bookable appointments available on Wednesdays up to 19:00.
The doctors will take it in turns to offer the Saturday surgery but will not be doing home visits or taking routine phone calls. The nurse clinic will be available for pre-booked immunisations and travel vaccinations, cervical screening, smoking cessation and weight management support.
What to do when your GP Surgery is closed
The Out of Hours service will offer care for urgent health care problems when GP surgeries are closed: This is between 6:30pm and 8:30am Monday to Friday and 24 hours over weekends and bank holidays.
The Out of Hours Service can be contacted on 111.
As per current practice, your personal details will be taken and passed onto a GP, who will return your call and assess your medical requirements. This may involve advice about self-care, a visit to a Primary Care Centre, or a home visit by a GP or specialist Paramedic.
Information about your contact with the Out of Hours service will be forwarded to your GP practice by the next working day.
We would like to remind you that Out of Hours cover does NOT deal with the following:
• Prescriptions for medicines that can be bought at the chemist
• Repeat prescriptions
• Second opinions on problems being dealt with by your doctor
• Problems that can wait until your surgery is open
Please remember - if the situation is an emergency and you need immediate care:
• Dial 999 and ask for an ambulance
• Go straight to your nearest emergency department at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading or the Great Western in Swindon.